Network Management

Re: AirWave 8.2.5: Can I control disk space used by AW server?

There are a few things that can be done to skip certain processing activities.  But there's really no on/off switch for some features.

What devices do you have setup?  Is it a controller & AP, or an Instant AP?  Any switches?

If it's Instant, then you can disable the AMON things from AMP Setup.  If you're not using VisualRF, that can be disabled from VRF Setup.  You can also change the time of nightly maintenance  (also on AMP Setup) so that it happens during off hours (otherwise it sometimes runs in the background if it didn't catch up during the maintenance cycle).

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Contributor I

I currently have an IAP (AP-303H), and several Netgear switches (support SNMP), a Netgear router (also has SNMP).

I'll try disabling AMON and some other things and see if I can reduce the memory footprint.

If I stop the AW server, then edit the ESXi guest to have more memory (e.g. 12GB), when I restart AW will it recognize the addl memory?  Or is is set at install time based on what's available?  In the Windows world it would be dynamic, but I don't know much about Linux...

Highlighted

Expanding the memory requires an OS command to recognize the change.  With the new CLI, that action would require a support case - which is why I usually suggest just taking a backup and then doing the fresh install instead w/ restoring the backup after.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: