Network Management

last person joined: 8 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 04:15 PM

Hi all,

I'm looking to extract from AirWave a list of all my APs that are connected to a 100Mb switch port instead of a 1Gb port. I don't see any colunm in the APs/Devices List and I also tried to do a custom report but I find nowhere an option for that.

The thing is AirWave know about this info because if I go to a individual AP/Device, there is a Wired Interfaces section. In there I can see the Duplex, Input Capacity and Output Capacity. I would like to be able to sort by these field so I can request a cross-connect upgrade to four pair in the LAN room where they are connected.

• 2.  RE: AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

• 3.  RE: AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 06:00 PM

Wow! Ok.

Thanks for the link but not really user friendly... Doesn't make sense to have to do it this way. We should be able to do it from the GUI.

Does it need to be a feature request?

• 4.  RE: AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 18, 2014 06:01 PM

Yes.

Thank you.

Honestly, all you will have to do is SSH into Airwave and copy and paste in the two sections of text below:  Just replace your email address with userid@somecompany.com and it will email it to you:

dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 AND (ap.type=296 OR ap.type=369 OR ap.type=464) ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv
    echo "Access Point Port Speeds" | mail -s "Port Speeds" -a intspeeds.csv userid@somecompany.com
    rm ./intspeeds.csv

hats off to rwilsonblue for coming up with this.

• 5.  RE: AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

Posted Dec 19, 2014 04:20 AM

Really good stuff and works like a charm!

Anyone with enough skills to add a column for duplex to this? 

• 6.  RE: AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 11:49 AM
    dbcsv "SELECT ap.name,interface.if_speed_in/1000000 AS connection_speed, interface.duplex as Duplex FROM ap INNER JOIN interface ON ap.id=ap_id WHERE interface.oper_status=1 AND (ap.type=296 OR ap.type=369 OR ap.type=464) ORDER BY connection_speed,ap.name" > ./intspeeds.csv
    echo "Access Point Port Speeds" | mail -s "Port Speeds" -a intspeeds.csv userid@somecompany.com
    rm ./intspeeds.csv

This command should help to get duplex too.

• 7.  RE: AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

Posted Aug 22, 2019 10:43 AM

Any chance there's a current version of this process for airwave (without real cli access)?

Also looking to get report of anyone not running at 1gb (or a command at the MM to show globally?)

thx!

• 8.  RE: AirWave report or APs/Devices List options for Wired Interfaces Speed

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 22, 2019 12:01 PM

Inventory Report or Custom Report for Aruba AP Interface summary and Devices under Device Inventory Report will show the details of AP interface with speeds and duplex. Select the columns as you need for the Devices section.