Network Management

last person joined: 5 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave 8.0 Beta Upgrade

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave 8.0 Beta Upgrade

Posted Mar 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Couple of questions regarding the Airwave 8.0 Beta release:

1. Will Airwave 8.0 report call history if I am currently using the Lync APIs (not 2.0) and AOS6.3?  I asked at the conference, but couldn't get a concrete answer if AOS6.4 is required for Airwave 8 to report call quality.
    2. Is the offline upgrade still the same for betas?  Drop the upgrade file in root and run start_amp_upgrade?

• 2.  RE: Airwave 8.0 Beta Upgrade
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2014 12:14 PM

1) UCC dashboard requires minimum of AOS 6.4.  Here's a capture from 8.0 BETA AMP Setup tab:

UCCflag.jpg

2) The offline upgrade is still the same process.  Beta announcements will be sent out by the product management group once an official Beta build is ready.

• 3.  RE: Airwave 8.0 Beta Upgrade

Posted Mar 20, 2014 12:17 PM

Well, I suppose I'll hold off then since I'm not ready to upgrade to 6.4.

Is the 8.0 release in the beta folder on support not considered an "official beta build"?

Thanks Rob.

• 4.  RE: Airwave 8.0 Beta Upgrade

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 20, 2014 12:23 PM

The Beta currently in the beta folder was supposed to be an internal only build, no customer facing build has been made yet.  If you're seeing it, then the permissions on the support site probably need to be revisited.  That or you paid off the right support site admins.

• 5.  RE: Airwave 8.0 Beta Upgrade

Posted Mar 20, 2014 12:29 PM

Haha!  Thanks for the info, Rob.