Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Airwave 8.2.4.1 support under Hyper-V 2016 ?

Can anyone confirm that Airwave 8.2.4.1 is supported under Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Hyper-V?

Is "Legacy Network Adapter" still required?

The Airwave installation guide only mentions up to windows Server 2012(R2).

Searching this forum only shows similar request regarding Clearpass, nothing for Airwave.

Re: Airwave 8.2.4.1 support under Hyper-V 2016 ?

I checked around, and both QA and support have not tried to run the install on 2016.  If you happen to install on Hyper-V 2016 successfully, support will still attempt to help with AirWave issues.  It's a 50/50 shot if you still need the legacy adapters - I would think to try using legacy adapters since that was the previous recommendation.  I'll add getting this setup configured to the next round of Hyper-V testing.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

We went ahead and installed Airwave v8.2.5 in Hyper-V 2016.

Although we haven't started monitoring/managing any network devices yet, I can report that everything seems fine so far and the Web GUI is accessible as expected.

can you please indicate how you managed to install it in hyper-v 2016, I could not

Just by following the installation guide. But note that by the time we did the install 8.2.5 was released, so we never tried with 8.2.4.

It was installed as a Gen 1 VM.

Hi,

Thank you very much, tomorrow I will perform the installation

Occasional Contributor I

I was hoping to avoid any issues by going with v8.2.6 but after 3 attempts I've made no progress. Each time the initial install script seems to fall over at the 'Setting admin username' stage...

If you hard boot the VM it'll come back up and appears to run though the install script but, because something fundamental hasn't happened in the permissions the NIC never comes up and there's no access to the Web-GUI.

Anyone out there have success with this version and Hyper-V on Server 2016? I've tried with both the legacy network adapter and the regular option...

I was discussing this with a coworker and we had a few questions.

1) the output message sounds like it's from the install log, do you jump to alt+f9 during the install when it shows the keypress?

2) the message is from the interactive part of the setup for the ampadmin (ampcli user that replaces root) - do you ever see the input fields for username / password?

If you're viewing the log, you should be able to jump back to the interactive input request with alt+f1.  So if #2 sounds new - it's mostly because the tail log screen is just that - an output to stdout on that view output of the install log.  Or you could just run a new install - and ignore that prompt to jump screens to watch the logging - which might be the next step if you happened to blow the original install instance away already.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

Is it that after rebooting Hyper-V you are not able to ping it? Like after reboot you get 4 to 5 ping response then it goes to host unreachable?

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: