Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Airwave 8.2.5 Topology

Hello All,
I know previously there were issues getting topology to show for certain switches in the initial 8.2.4.1 version. I also had issues getting this to show due to the neighbors menu under each swtich being empty. I recently upgraded to 8.2.5 and it appears that this menu is being populated! Unfortunately it looks like my topology view is still empty. When I try and narrow down to a specific nodeid "https://airwaveip/topology?nodeId=383"

I get the following error message.

"No link found to device (ID: 383)."

Ive let the enviroment set for about 4 hours now, but nothing has populated yet.

Also, I am running Juniper Switches. Mainly EX3300s and 4300s

Aruba Employee

Re: Airwave 8.2.5 Topology

Hi,

Are you seeing all the neighbours list in switch's APs/Device>monitor page in Airwave.

If we are not seeing neighbours in APs/Device>monitor page then it wont show topology, could you cross check wether CDP/LLDP is enabled on devices.

Occasional Contributor II

Yes I do see neighbors under the switches. Just nothing it topology. I did open a TAC case for this as well.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S8+, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

Please open a case with the Aruba TAC. Topology is a relatively new feature and I have seen big improvements between releases. I'm not sure if the Juniper switches were tested, and that might be related to what you (don't) see.

TAC can investigate the issue.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
New Contributor

Same thing in 8.2.5 with Avaya Switches, No link found to device (ID: 1523). But on the Device its Self Neighbors and Connected Devices has Data all using LLDP.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: