Network Management

last person joined: 10 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave Demo Platform

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  Airwave Demo Platform

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:05 AM

Hello All,

How many APs can we manage on a Demo Platform and does the License ever expire on a Demo Platform?

• 2.  RE: Airwave Demo Platform
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:09 AM

The temp licenses I have received usually allow you to attach 2500 APs and are valid for 3 months

• 3.  RE: Airwave Demo Platform

Posted Jun 12, 2013 11:11 AM

Thx Victor.

• 4.  RE: Airwave Demo Platform

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 12, 2013 05:46 PM

The number of APs on a server depends on the server size.  There's a sizing guide to assist (http://support.arubanetworks.com/DOCUMENTATION/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=9103).

There's also 2 key lines of the license key that dictate number of devices and duration of the evaluation period.  The 'APs' line defines the number of devices you can have on the server.  And the 'Expires_on' line represents when the GUI will cut out.  The AMP will still collect data while the license is expired, but you won't have visibility until you get an active license key.  Depending on who generates the key, a typical eval key is good for either 1 month or 3 months.

• 5.  RE: Airwave Demo Platform

Posted Jun 12, 2013 07:52 PM

Thx Rob.

• 6.  RE: Airwave Demo Platform

Posted Feb 17, 2016 11:48 PM

So, I also have one more question: if trial airwave expires, I can get a generate trial key from Aruba and install trial license key on airwave or we must re-install airwave first and after installing trial license key?

Thanks & Best regards, 

Khang 

• 7.  RE: Airwave Demo Platform

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 18, 2016 05:38 AM

You do not have to reinstall if you get a new trial key.