Network Management

Contributor I

Airwave Master Console - installation on virtual environment

Hi Community:

I am planning to deploy a Master Console on a virtual enviroment and I have these questions:

Could you help me with the characteristics of a virtual machine to install Airwave Master Console and the percentage of partitions used on it?

What is the main goal of the storage on the Master Console? I think all monitoring data and reports are stored on AMPs

is it possible to start with a certain amount of storage to this server and after increase the resources? or maybe create a different partition for a different partition of the aruba.

Regards

Carlos Contreras

Contributor I

Re: Airwave Master Console - installation on virtual environment

Any Help about this topic?

Aruba Employee

Hi,

Below is a snapshot from hardware sizing guide for the master console.

Capture2.PNG

Most virtualized environments use a shared disk subsystem assuming that each application will have bursts of I/O without a sustained high I/O throughput. AirWave requires a continuous sustained high data I/O rate.

Note: Arubarecommends a 20% increase buffer for virtual environments. Ensure you allocate enough extra disk spacefor the OS and swap when partitioning the virtual disk.

Regards,
Vishnu
If my post helped you, don't forget to give kudos ;)
Contributor I

Hi Vishnu

Thank you for your answer, do you know how the partitions are structured in an Airwave Master Console and what is the pourpose of the storage in Master Console?

Highlighted

/root = OS & AirWave codebase

/usr = running code

/var = logs, database (includes reports), graphs, and backups

-- MC compiles data collected from watched AMPs for summary view

-- MC reports will either go off local MC db or be pulled from the watched AMPs depending on the data granularity of the report

Ideally, it will be installed as a single partition, but if you must pull a partition off server - it should be the /var partition which usage varies based on number of watched AMPs and number of reports (and frequency reports are run).

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: