08-19-2015 05:58 AM
I feed the Airwave VisualRF with floor plans and assign access points to them.
What I recognize is, that Clients are shown out of the map, or in wrong rooms and so on.
How do I align the map into the right direction?
Or what is the right direction? North-South alignment?
I can prepare the floor plans for Airwave, but I need to know in which direction.
Could not find that info in the Airwave Guide, a short answer would be fine ;-)
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-19-2015 08:06 PM
Here are a few things that can help:
- Start with an accurate scale. Be sure to measure the longest part of the floor plan.
- Be sure AP placement is accurate.
- Draw external walls. Otherwise, the Airwave will assume free space path loss in places where there may be walls which will greatly attenuate the signal.
- Draw location probability regions.
- Decrease the grid size of the floor.
- Add a client survey.
Other things that influence client placement are the density of APs and the placement of those APs. For example, on a square floor plan, Aruba recommends APs along he perimeter.
The Airwave user guide contains most of the tips I mentioned. You can find the guide here:
If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users.