Network Management

last person joined: 9 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave change "Use Global Aruba Configuration" parameter

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Airwave change "Use Global Aruba Configuration" parameter

Posted Mar 18, 2016 08:36 AM

Hi everyone,

I use Airwave in Monitor-upgrade only mode for a while now with 2 controllers (Master-local).

Recently I have deploy one new site with a Standalone controller.

When I add the new Standalone controller in Airwave, I've a lot of mismatches which is normal because configurations are different.

I think I have to change the AMP Setup>General>Device Configuration>Use Global Aruba Configuration from Yes to No to manage different configuration (in different Groups).

BUT 

Airwave documentation said "Controller config when Global Configuration is Disabled -- this page modifies or reboots all devices when Global Aruba Configuration is disabled"

(Airwave 8.0 Controller Config  page 8 - Overview of Aruba Configuration in AirWave)

I'm really scared by the word "reboot", especially with 670 AP and a lot of grumpy users ;-)

• 2.  RE: Airwave change "Use Global Aruba Configuration" parameter

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 09:25 AM

If you are using Airwave to only monitor, you can ignore the "mismatches".  You can remove the mismatch column by editing the filter and you can remove the title in the AMP Setup page.