Network Management

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Airwave reports - detail section too large?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Airwave reports - detail section too large?

Posted Dec 03, 2012 03:01 PM

I've created some reports in Airwave (v7.4.5) that show our IAP inventory on a daily basis and it seems that up until we crossed over a count of 1000, the detail information would also be in the report.  This report also gets e-mailed out to 3rd party partners and has been helpful to them during our deployment and they don't have access to Airwave to drill down on the link provided after the ""Detail sections have been omitted from this email because they are too large" message.

Is this threshold configurable for the number of devices to show in a report?  I thought there was an enhancement to 7.5.5 regarding sending attachments in e-mail notifications, so if that is correct, then I can work around this until we upgrade to 7.5.5.

I've attempted to reduce the number of items that are in the detail report, to bring the file size down, to as little as 49K, but still get the "Detail sections have been omitted from this email because they are too large" message.

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: Airwave reports - detail section too large?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 03, 2012 05:16 PM

7.6.0 is out now, you may want to try 7.6 as it has the capability to export as PDF mail attachment.  This may resolve you issue without having to edit the config files.

If you really need a workaround, you can try editing the mail defaults:

If you're using the embedded mail server (postfix), you can edit /etc/postfix/main.cf.  Lines to be aware of are:

# mailbox_size_limit

# message_size_limit

To see current values:

# postconf -n

• 3.  RE: Airwave reports - detail section too large?

Posted Dec 04, 2012 10:21 AM

Thanks, Rob.

Both of the above lines you referenced are not in our main.cf file, as we are using an external mail relay server, so that might be where the bottleneck is.  Will have to follow up with our internal mail server folks on that one.