Network Management

Occasional Contributor II

Airwave time issues

Hi

New to the Airwave server. I have a hardware Airwave running 8.2.6. We have the time and timezone set correctly from the putty console. when executing the date command everything is correct. I have an ntp setup under networking and I have under display timezeone for UI set to UTC. So the issue is my alerts are still showing PDC time. I am EST. the email alerts I get are correct as are the log files. Only the alerts are incorrect. Suggestions on what to look for? Thanks.

Re: Airwave time issues

When you go into AMPCLI -> Enter Commands, what is the output of the date cmd?

11 Enter Commands
q >> Quit
Your choice: 11

Running Enter Commands

Type 'help' for the list of commands.
$ date
Wed Jun 27 07:33:54 PDT 2018

Is that matching what shows on the System -> Performance page?  If not, then there's probably something wrong with the TZsetup, you can try re-running the timezone setup from the AMPCLI -> Advanced -> Timezone option.  If the issue still persists, then you can open a support case and support can try to debug if something else is mudged in the background.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

ampadmin shows June 27 11:40 EDT 2018 which is correct.Under system performance it shows PDT. I'll open a case. thanks.

Also, you said you were on 8.2.6, not 8.2.6.1 right?  There was a time related defect addressed in 8.2.6.1, so upgrading and then re-running the timezone setup may resolve this.

Rob Gin
Senior QA Engineer - Network Services
Aruba Networks, a Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company

Correct. Just 8.2.6. 

I'll let you know what happens after I update to 8.2.6.1

update to 8.2.6.1 fixed it. Thanks!