Network Management

Aruba

Airwave with Cisco APs rogue containment

Just wondering with Airwave and Cisco APs, can Airwave trigger a containment of a rogue?

I see from the documentation that it can detect and manage, but wondering if it can be configured to trigger a containment on the cisco APs, or is that something that is configured on the Cisco?

A competitors proposal is specifying Airwatch, which can apparently do that.  I'm sure Airwave can, but wanted to confirm.

Thanks

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
mclarke@arubanetworks.com
Guru Elite

Re: Airwave with Cisco APs rogue containment

Michael_Clarke,

Have you seen this?  https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/Rogue-containment-from-Airwave-to-Aruba-controllers

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Aruba

Thanks, that's great.  Was looking for what needed to be done on the Cisco side as well.

Would be great if there was an integration guide for Airwave & Cisco, like the one for Airwave & Aruba which is excellent.  I'll figure it out though.

:-)

If my post is helpful please give kudos, or mark as solved if it answers your post.

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Aruba

Really I need to know if this containment can happen automatically from Airwave to a cisco WLC. We have a very large airwave and clearpass deal that hinges on this. Can anyone else share any experience of airwave with a cisco wireless and rogue containment?

ACCP, ACMP, ACMX #294
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: