Network Management

Occasional Contributor I

Airwave won't pull in ap-105 previously deleted

Is there any way to get airwave to pull in an Aruba AP that was previously deleted from airwave?  The AP is up and working but airwave sees it as a suspected rogue.  It doesn't show as new, mismatched, or ignored.  Can this AP be 'undeleted' to get it back in to airwave?   

Contributor II

Re: Airwave won't pull in ap-105 previously deleted

I am interested in any response to this question.

I have an AP105 in the same condition.  It was up in a different location (different vlan) discovered, provisioned and then moved to it's current location and reprovisioned for the name (location) that's when it came to it's current condition in Airwave, as you described.

I am going to do a purge > save > reset tomorrow AM, remove it from the master controller, delete the "rogue" event in AMP, reconnect it and then try to provision it again it.

Aruba Employee

The first thing to check is that the AP's controller is currently being monitored by Airwave. Did the AP associate to a different controller that is not being monitored by that Airwave server?

Asumming that isn't the case, Airwave will periodically poll controllers for new AP discovery. Please verify "Thin AP Discovery Polling Period" has not been disabled on the controller's Group's Basic page (it is enabled be default). If that is on, AMP should automatically discover any new APs and add them to the "New Devices" list (or automatically approve if you have it configured that way).

If the thin AP discovery is enabled, then please verify the AP is "up" on the controller (run "show ap active" and verify the AP in question is present).

Contributor II

Thanks for the ideas; but for me, everything is set correct and working.  Adding a different AP goes well and is discovered by AMP, etc.  It is just this one AP tha tis bothersome. :smileymad:

Occasional Contributor I

The first thing to check is that the AP's controller is currently being monitored by Airwave. Did the AP associate to a different controller that is not being monitored by that Airwave server?

AMP is set to read/write for the controller and we only have a single controller.  The AP shows up fine on the controller.  Other APs are working fine in AMP.  New ones show up as new and can be configured. 

Asumming that isn't the case, Airwave will periodically poll controllers for new AP discovery. Please verify "Thin AP Discovery Polling Period" has not been disabled on the controller's Group's Basic page (it is enabled be default). If that is on, AMP should automatically discover any new APs and add them to the "New Devices" list (or automatically approve if you have it configured that way).

Thin AP discovery is set to 15 minutes, no changes from default have been made. 

If the thin AP discovery is enabled, then please verify the AP is "up" on the controller (run "show ap active" and verify the AP in question is present).

AP in question is present and active.  It even has clients attached.  Show ap database shows it without any flags.

Contributor II

So I went and took the AP down that was not being discovered properly by AMP.  New one installed works fine.

I brought the "non-functioning" AP back to my office - console connection - boot to factory default the AP - reset and it comes up fine - provision to a group (without renaming it) shows in AMP as new - I "move" it to a folder and all is fine until I provision a "name"  - then it shows as down and is classified by Rapids as "Valid".  Just plain strange - I suspect there is something with the AP. ???:smileymad:

Aruba Employee

If you haven't already, please try searching for the AP's LAN MAC in Airwave's search box to make sure the AP isn't already on the AMP in a place you weren't expecting (or with a name you weren't expecing).

If still no luck, please examine the AMP Event log (System > Event Log) for any system errors that might be causing the problem.

Contributor II

Not there. Thanks for the idea though. 

Time for a TAC case.

Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

The  AP's LAN mac does not show up with a search in Airwave.

I don't see anything in the event log that looks unusual or related to this AP.

Aruba Employee

Are there any errors in the async_logger_client log file (viewable on the System > Status page)?

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: