Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba 800 Firewall Setup

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba 800 Firewall Setup

Posted Apr 05, 2016 11:24 PM

Hi, I have an Aruba 800 controller with 8 AP's connected to it. I have my firewall configured to theoretically allow all web traffic through, and nothing should be blocked, but this does not seem to be the case. When my connection is wired to another switch off the main router, the speed/ load times are fine, and nothing seems to be amiss. But when connected to one of the AP's over wireless, load times are very delayed, specifically in sites such as Google or Youtube, where the video will load half way, and stop loading, or the Google search will sit and need to be refreshed 3-4 times before the search will go through. I was wondering if there was a port that sites like this need to operate at full capacity, that I have neglected to open. Any help is appreciated!

Nick 

• 2.  RE: Aruba 800 Firewall Setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 01:01 AM
    Hi Nick,
    By the sounds of it it rather looks like a issue on wireless with something like latency, or connected speed. What happens if you compare speedtest.net results wired and wireless?

• 3.  RE: Aruba 800 Firewall Setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 01:03 AM
    Also test it from the same switch where the wireless controller is connected to. Could also be a duplex mismatch in an uplink.

• 4.  RE: Aruba 800 Firewall Setup

Posted Apr 06, 2016 08:17 PM

I just ran a speed test, and here are the results:

Wired on main, unmanaged, gigabit switch: Download (114.28) Upload (4.36)

Wired to Aruba 800 10/100 controller: Download (90.96) Upload (4.27)

Wireless, on a 5GHZ Aruba AP-121: Download (73.27) Upload (4.27)

I think the speed drop between the wired controller and the access point is well inside the range of being able to handle pretty much anything I can throw at it, but sure enough even when I was running the speed test over wireless and wired through the controller, I tested Google and Youtube again and they were as slow as ever, but wired through the main switch seemed to be fine

• 5.  RE: Aruba 800 Firewall Setup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 06, 2016 08:25 PM

What version of code is running on the 800 controller?

Are you using encryption on your Wireless Client?

What kind of client is it?