Network Management

last person joined: 13 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Switch Provision via ZTP (Airwave)

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Aruba Switch Provision via ZTP (Airwave)

Posted Oct 23, 2017 02:17 AM

Hello, 

I am provisioning Aruba 24 and 48 ports switches via Airwave ZTP. Everything is working as expected but Airwave doesn't provide the option to select the template for 24 or 48 ports switch rather it only ask for switch series. Due to this I am unable to provision 24 and 48 ports switch together using a different template. Is there any solution or workaround available?

• 2.  RE: Aruba Switch Provision via ZTP (Airwave)

Posted Oct 23, 2017 02:23 AM

Are you able to create a seperate folder for different set of configurations?

http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/ArubaOS_64x_WebHelp/Content/ArubaFrameStyles/Branch%20Office/Managed_Node.htm

• 3.  RE: Aruba Switch Provision via ZTP (Airwave)

Posted Oct 23, 2017 02:29 AM

All the configuration is same except the port numbers where 24 port switch configuration contains configuraiton for 24 ports and 48 port switch includes 48 port switch configuration. 

If I configure the different group for different set of configuration that may not work as single site may have mix of both (24 and 48) and DHCP option 43 will provide the same group.

• 4.  RE: Aruba Switch Provision via ZTP (Airwave)

Posted Sep 03, 2018 08:47 AM

You can also just use 1 template and use variables 

like this 

%if num_of_normal_port=10%
    untagged 8,9,10
    %endif%

like this 

%if num_of_normal_port=28%
    untagged 8,9,10
    %endif%

this work on a 8 port aruba switch (8 rj45 and 2 sfp = 10) and 24 port switch.

This works on both vlans and interface configuration