Network Management

MVP

Controller reports 190 clients, Airwave reports 41 -- where's the disconnect?

We just deployed a new warehouse with a 7210 controller and 140 AP104/105 and noticed that the controller was reporting 30-50 clients, while Airwave was reporting 0. So we got to looking around.

I have one warehouse where both agree at 113, the others all disagree.

The biggest discrepency is the one mentioned in the subject line - 149 missing clients.

What shoul I be looking at to confirm settings and to verify the interaction between Airwave and my controllers?

I'd like them to be in better sync.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Guru Elite

Re: Controller reports 190 clients, Airwave reports 41 -- where's the disconnect?

Try turning off "Prefer Amon" in Airwave..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

Re: Controller reports 190 clients, Airwave reports 41 -- where's the disconnect?

I've turned AMON Prefered off, will watch it to see if it improves.

--Matthew

MVP

That did it, thanks!

300 more clients reported in jsut a few minutes.

--Matthew

Occasional Contributor II

I faced the same problem. 

Is AMON recently introduced? My controller is running 6.3.1.5 and Airwave 7.7.10.

How is AMON compared to SNMP? 

Guru Elite

Amon is working.  It is the "prefer Amon" knob that is not working.

Amon provides more information than SNMP  (http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Why-you-should-always-enable-AMON-on-your-Aruba-Controller-when/ta-p/72104), but the "prefer Amon" button is not working.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: