Network Management

last person joined: yesterday 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Getting Started with Python/REST/Pycharm and the CLI

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Getting Started with Python/REST/Pycharm and the CLI

Posted May 16, 2018 09:50 AM

Hi, 

I have a little experience but struggling with a few hurdles and wondering how everybody else as built their Python environment.

We have a range of Comware, ProCurve, ArubaOS plus other vendors and I want to get started with some scripts. I have a good idea of some programming tasks, I am struggling with my set-up.

I am running Windows, Installed PyCharm and I can code for RESTfulAPI, I need some backward compatibility with the CLI, so trying to run Ansible or Netmiko from pycharm but neither work. 

I know this isn't an Aruba problem but I wanted to know what other engineers in the industry do to build a python environment. 

At the moment I am going between Linux and Windows depending on what I am contacting.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: Getting Started with Python/REST/Pycharm and the CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 16, 2018 10:27 PM

hey, you should check out the following YouTube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFJCnuXFGfEbwEzfcgU_ERQ

some videos on scripting with Aruba + Python + REST API on there.

• 3.  RE: Getting Started with Python/REST/Pycharm and the CLI

Posted May 17, 2018 03:37 AM

Hi,

Thanks, I have spent some time watching the videos, really good resource. 

I was wondering what other people do about work flows and script repositories and IDE environment etc?

There doesn't seem to be a 1 thing fits all.

• 4.  RE: Getting Started with Python/REST/Pycharm and the CLI

Posted Jun 05, 2018 06:28 PM
    You also take a look at airrecorder (search the forums and download it from the support site under tools iirc) which runs as a jar (hence portable) and can handle routine log collection from the CLI of aos, comware etc.