Network Management

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

I have several question about Airwave backup

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  I have several question about Airwave backup

Posted Aug 11, 2016 01:50 AM

Hi,

I have several question about Airwave backup. Please answer below questions.

1.       Does the nightly backup contain the same data below on demand backup?

image001.png

2.      What kind of data is backed up during nightly backup?

3.      Does nightly back up include the client session data set in the “ AMP Setup > General > Historical Data Retention”?

Forexample, “Inactive Client and VPN User Data”

image002.png

4.      If not, how can we backup the client historical data set in the “ AMP Setup > General > Historical Data Retention”?

• 2.  RE: I have several question about Airwave backup

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 11, 2016 01:56 PM

Hi Taemin,

Below are the answers for your queries,

1.       Does the nightly backup contain the same data below on demand             backup?

Yes. It holds the same backup as nightly backup. Only difference is nightly backup is taken everynight. On demand is a manual process

2.      What kind of data is backed up during nightly backup?

Airwave backs up everything during the nightly maintenance. The data backup file contains all of the device and group information as well as historical data and system files, including IP address, NTP information, mail relay hosts, and other AMP settings. This will also include the Visualrf backup.

3.      Does nightly back up include the client session data set in the “                AMP Setup > General > Historical Data Retention”?

Yes. It is included

Please feel free to let me know if you have any further queries.

Regards,

Vishnu