Network Management

last person joined: 6 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Is there a way to get Airwave to release control over the Instant Virtual Controller?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Is there a way to get Airwave to release control over the Instant Virtual Controller?

Posted Jun 27, 2017 03:25 AM

I use my Airwave simply to check status of my APs and for statistics. I have only Instant APs but when I add them to Airwave I lose the ability to make configuration changes directly on the Instant Virtual Controller, is there a way to still be able to make configurations changes directly on the Virtual Controller while still having the APs monitored by Airwave? For now I have to delete my APs from Airwave everytime I want to make a configuration change, and that is getting annoying. I can't use the built in Instant GUI in Airwave as it isn't functioning properly for me.

• 2.  RE: Is there a way to get Airwave to release control over the Instant Virtual Controller?
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 04:04 AM

• 3.  RE: Is there a way to get Airwave to release control over the Instant Virtual Controller?

Posted Jun 27, 2017 04:14 AM

That worked, I couldn't believe it was that easy. Thank you very much.

• 4.  RE: Is there a way to get Airwave to release control over the Instant Virtual Controller?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2017 04:16 AM

Hi,

Before disabling Aruba Instant GUI in Group>Basic page, make sure those devices are in monitor only mode.

If you added devices in manage mode and disabled the instant gui, Airwave will push default group template which might not have complete configuration.

We could run below db command to check whether device are in monitor only mode or not.

Note: commands only work below 8.2.4 version.

#dbc "select count(*) from ap where monitor_only = 1";

Regards,

Pavan

• 5.  RE: Is there a way to get Airwave to release control over the Instant Virtual Controller?

Posted Jun 27, 2017 04:20 AM

I never used managed mode only monitor mode for all my APs so that is not a problem for me, thanks anyway.