Network Management

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Monitoring IAP-105's via SNMP shows all Radios as "Null Traffic" How can I pass the names via SNMP?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Monitoring IAP-105's via SNMP shows all Radios as "Null Traffic" How can I pass the names via SNMP?

Posted Mar 18, 2016 09:14 AM
      |   view attached

Monitoring IAP-105's via SNMP shows all Radios as "Null Traffic"  How can I pass the names via SNMP?

See screenshot, SNMP call pulls all info from the Virtual Controller.  But the radio's show as "Null Traffic" "MAC layer over Radio Links"  within the Controller though I have the WAPs named.

• 2.  RE: Monitoring IAP-105's via SNMP shows all Radios as "Null Traffic" How can I pass the names via SNMP?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 18, 2016 09:24 AM

• 3.  RE: Monitoring IAP-105's via SNMP shows all Radios as "Null Traffic" How can I pass the names via SNMP?

Posted Mar 22, 2016 01:14 PM

I haven't tried this, I was just using the snmp sensor built-into PRTG network mon...

So I've tried Paessler MIB Importer, and downloaded what I think is the MIB for the IAP-105's (orion) in the link you sent:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20377

But I can't see to get it to import (parse error).

suggestions?

• 4.  RE: Monitoring IAP-105's via SNMP shows all Radios as "Null Traffic" How can I pass the names via SNMP?

Posted Mar 24, 2016 03:44 PM

So I've tried Paessler MIB Importer, and downloaded what I think is the MIB for the IAP-105's (orion) in the link you sent:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20377

But I can't see to get it to import (parse error).

suggestions?

• 5.  RE: Monitoring IAP-105's via SNMP shows all Radios as "Null Traffic" How can I pass the names via SNMP?

Posted Mar 29, 2016 09:24 AM

I have the Aruba MIBs downloaded, and I'm trying to import the correct ones into PRTG.  I've converted the "MY" files into the OIDLIB files that PRTG looks for when adding a sensor.... my question now is, which "MY" file should I be using for the IAP-105's, is there one that would contain SSID specific data?