Network Management

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

Running Airwave on Cisco WiSM2s

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Running Airwave on Cisco WiSM2s

Posted Jul 24, 2014 11:51 AM

I'm trying to evaluate Airwave on our Cisco WiSM2 estate and am having some issues.

I have managed to get the Airwave server itself running, and I have added my 6 WiSM2s to it. It can see my 2114 APs and SNMP seems to be working.

When I look at the AP/Devices tab I can see my 6 wisms (wism1 - wism6), each showing as "Up". When I click on wism1, it shows the list of APs but every single one shows a status of "Pending". This is even after I run a poll on the wism. How do I get Airwave to update information on these APs?

• 2.  RE: Running Airwave on Cisco WiSM2s

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2014 04:13 PM

Have you added your SSH credentials for username/password in the Cisco WISMs?

• 3.  RE: Running Airwave on Cisco WiSM2s

Posted Jul 25, 2014 04:37 AM

Yes I have, I've verified them as working from the box from the shell, just to be sure.

• 4.  RE: Running Airwave on Cisco WiSM2s
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 29, 2014 03:15 PM

Pending state usually means that the APs have not yet been approved.  If you view the 'new devices' on the top header bar, does the number of devices there represent the APs on all the WiSMs?  If it's anything other than '0' then it means that the APs are waiting to be approved / sorted into proper group/folders.  This is most often due to users wanted to separate their APs by location.

Groups should be for any devices utilizing the same config template.

Folders should be for visibility and reporting.

For example, I might have Groups for California, Texas, New York.

Then in folders, I might go even more granular to separate San Francisco and Los Angeles offices.

• 5.  RE: Running Airwave on Cisco WiSM2s

Posted Jul 30, 2014 03:59 AM

Thanks rgin, that was exactly what I needed to do. Adding over 2100 APs 30 at a time is pretty tedious!

• 6.  RE: Running Airwave on Cisco WiSM2s

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2014 10:33 AM

Yikes, if you didn't get through all 2100 APs, open a support case and they can zip through it in a quick 1 line database command (I don't like to post database commands on the forum since we typically advise against doing things directly in the database).  Or if you can wait, there's a change in AirWave 8.0.2 (soon to be released) that will allow you to customize the number of rows visible.