Network Management

last person joined: 5 days ago 

Keep an informative eye on your network with HPE Aruba Networking network management solutions
Expand all | Collapse all

"AMP installation failed with exit status 0" when trying to install airwave on centos

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  "AMP installation failed with exit status 0" when trying to install airwave on centos

Posted Oct 17, 2017 04:15 PM

i'm trying to install airwave 8.2.5 in an AWS centos instance using these instructions:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Monitoring-Management-Location/Install-AirWave-8-0-on-RedHat-RHEL/ta-p/215001

when kicking off the install, it errors out immediately after setting the system time:

Welcome to AMP Installer Phase 2

STEP 1:  Configuring Date and Time

------------------------ Date and Time Configuration ---------------------

Current Time: Mon Oct 16 21:33:29 UTC 2017

1)  Change Date and Time
             2)  Change Time Zone

0)  Finish

> 0
    Date and Time Configuration finished.

STEP 2:  Checking for previous AMP installation
      Previous AMP installation not found.

STEP 3:  Installing AMP software
      This will take a few minutes.
      Press Ctrl-Alt-F9 to see detailed messages.
      Press Ctrl-Alt-F1 to return to this screen.
      Error: AMP installation failed with exit status 0.

i can't find an explanation for this exit status.  while searching the forums, this post is the closest i've found:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Wireless-Access/INSTALLING-AMP-IN-VMWARE/td-p/18868

however there are no log files created iin /tmp.  is there any documentation on what this error code means and is there a common place that log files are written during an rpm install?

thanks,

• 2.  RE: "AMP installation failed with exit status 0" when trying to install airwave on centos

Posted Oct 17, 2017 04:22 PM

in case anyone else has this issue, i found the log file.  it is written to:

/root/amp-install.log