Security

Frequent Contributor II

802.1X default role.

hi,

just a simple question:

Q: I do not have PEF license does this mean I can not see 802.1x default role option in AAA profile ?

Q: without PEF my clients will have access only to (DHCP/DNS/HTTP/HTTPS) due to the guest role (which mean my IPT will not be able to work) ?

Guru Elite

Re: 802.1X default role.

Without PEF, there is NO concept of roles.  If your clients pass 802.1x authentication they have no restrictions, whatsoever.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Frequent Contributor II

Thanks Joseph,

I can not find dot1x default role in AAA profile is it because I do not have PEF license ?

one more point for PSK authentication (only one key to be used by all wifi phones do I need to assign specific authentication profile of dot1x with EAP and its encapsulation) I do not belive so, therefore if I want to use PSK, I just do it in SSID and then I can leave Authentication profile in VAP empty ?

Guru Elite

Abi wrote:

Thanks Joseph,

I can not find dot1x default role in AAA profile is it because I do not have PEF license ?

one more point for PSK authentication (only one key to be used by all wifi phones do I need to assign specific authentication profile of dot1x with EAP and its encapsulation) I do not belive so, therefore if I want to use PSK, I just do it in SSID and then I can leave Authentication profile in VAP empty ?

There are no roles if there is no PEF license.  All users share a role.

If you need to create a PSK network, you should use the WLAN/LAN wizard so you do not have to worry about profiles.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: