Security

Frequent Contributor II

802.1X default role.

hi,

just a simple question:

Q: I do not have PEF license does this mean I can not see 802.1x default role option in AAA profile ?

Q: without PEF my clients will have access only to (DHCP/DNS/HTTP/HTTPS) due to the guest role (which mean my IPT will not be able to work) ?

Guru Elite

Re: 802.1X default role.

Without PEF, there is NO concept of roles.  If your clients pass 802.1x authentication they have no restrictions, whatsoever.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Frequent Contributor II

Thanks Joseph,

I can not find dot1x default role in AAA profile is it because I do not have PEF license ?

one more point for PSK authentication (only one key to be used by all wifi phones do I need to assign specific authentication profile of dot1x with EAP and its encapsulation) I do not belive so, therefore if I want to use PSK, I just do it in SSID and then I can leave Authentication profile in VAP empty ?

Guru Elite

Abi wrote:

Thanks Joseph,

I can not find dot1x default role in AAA profile is it because I do not have PEF license ?

one more point for PSK authentication (only one key to be used by all wifi phones do I need to assign specific authentication profile of dot1x with EAP and its encapsulation) I do not belive so, therefore if I want to use PSK, I just do it in SSID and then I can leave Authentication profile in VAP empty ?

There are no roles if there is no PEF license.  All users share a role.

If you need to create a PSK network, you should use the WLAN/LAN wizard so you do not have to worry about profiles.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: