05-16-2012 11:08 AM - edited 05-16-2012 11:09 AM
I want to change the following parts on the self registration page
Explanation of the page we want
User Roles created:
1) Can we setup a config that is able to look at email and push them into the Role ID we want
My dogs name
**Role ID would be hidden, but since email contains employee.com would be placed into User Role employee
2) How do we assign Expiration of guest wireless access on Role id
- User Role: Guest – 1 day expiration
- User Role: Visitor – 7 day expiration
- User Role: Employee – 365 days
05-21-2012 08:14 AM
There is no means to do this logic on the server, but you can do pre-POPST tricks on the client side.
Edit the submit field for the self-registration form, click Advanced and enter RegisterSubmit under AJAX Submit.
Edit the Footer HTML of the registration form and put this script template in place. This is a simple proof of concept that takes the phone number, strips non-numeric numers, and reverses it to use as the username. You would need to check the email and set the other fields using your own logic.
Word of caution that someone with strong HTML and scripting prowress can work around this...