Security

Occasional Contributor II

Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Hi All,

I noticed that Amigopod will stores the password in the log based on clear text. is there any way to encrypt the user password ?

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Re: Amigopod login page - password not in clear text

Your only choice would be to prevent Amigopod from storing the password in the log at all. Go to Customization->Guest Manager and make sure password logging is unchecked.

Thanks Avidal, but this will this also applicable if we turn on the Radius debug  ?

Thanks

Aruba Employee

The password will stil be visible from RADIUS debug. There is currently no way to change that.

Thanks Avidal,

So Can i confirm that if im using LDAP authentication on the Amigopod, there is no way for me to remove the password on the system log / Application log for debug massage ?

if that the case, can i exclude debug massage from the system log / application log ?

Thanks

Aruba Employee

Can you tell me more about your deployment? Is this a captive portal or 802.1x deployment?

Hi Avidal

The current setup is users will be connected to captive portal, and they need to input their LDAP username and password to authenticate with Amigopod.

On the Amigpod Radius config i have configured to authentication servers to check with current AD with LDAP connection.

i do not want the the password to be log on the debug massage as currently happening now.

Thanks

Aruba Employee

I have tested on mine and when I unchecked the Customization->Guest Manager->Password Logging option, I no longer see passwords being logged to the System Event logs when debugging is turned on.

Thanks

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: