Security

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Anyone Migrate AirWave and/or ClearPass instances from VMware to HyperV?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Anyone Migrate AirWave and/or ClearPass instances from VMware to HyperV?

Posted May 29, 2015 12:42 PM

We are wanting to migrate our AirWave and ClearPass instances from VMware to HyperV and I am curious if anyone has attempted this yet? Anything we need to worry about or watch for?

If not, are we capable of doing this at all or is it where we have to create a new instance and export the config from VMware instance and import into a new HyperV instance?

Just trying to get ideas of what users have done, if any. Else I will contact support.

Thanks,

Jimmy

• 2.  RE: Anyone Migrate AirWave and/or ClearPass instances from VMware to HyperV?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2015 12:55 PM
    I've always done a database restore when moving between platforms. I've had
    V2V issues in the past with other platforms.

• 3.  RE: Anyone Migrate AirWave and/or ClearPass instances from VMware to HyperV?

Posted May 29, 2015 01:26 PM

Thanks Tim. I feel that is probably the safest way. In this scenario (and forgive me of my lack of virtualization experience) would you backup the db on the VMware node, shutdown the VMware node and then configure the HyperV node with the same networking information and then power on and restore db on the HyperV for best migration?

• 4.  RE: Anyone Migrate AirWave and/or ClearPass instances from VMware to HyperV?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 29, 2015 01:28 PM
    Exactly. That's what I do.