Security

New Contributor

Anyone know DHCP fingerprint for GoogleGlass, so I can add to role condition (avoid captive portal)?

Anyone know the DHCP fingerprint for the Google Glass devices , so I can add it to the role condition (and thus avoid the captive portal)?

Aruba

Re: Anyone know DHCP fingerprint for GoogleGlass, so I can add to role condition (avoid captive port

[ Edited ]

if you have a GoogleGlass device to test, you can determine the fingerprint using the procedure in the attached TechNote.   Specifically the Identifying a DHCP Fingerprint section:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/vrd/AOSDHCPFPAppNote/Chap2.html#1035710

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Guru Elite

Re: Anyone know DHCP fingerprint for GoogleGlass, so I can add to role condition (avoid captive port

[ Edited ]

DHCP Option55                1,33,3,6,15,28,51,58,59
DHCP Option60                dhcpcd-5.2.10:Linux-3.0.31-27935-g01ccedd:armv7l:OMAP4430

Can't get the smiley to stop rendering but that should be 7 l : O M A P 

(without the spaces)

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Aruba

Should have known you'd have the specifics Tim!     Tim, do you know if this is unique to "Glass" and not any other Google products/devices?

------------------------------------------------
Systems Engineer, Northeast USA
ACCX | ACDX | ACMX

Guru Elite

[ Edited ]

It seems to be. We have about 6 on the network and they all profile the same.

The common OUI seems to be f8:8f:ca and they present a hostname similar to Android phones (android-<randomstring>)

Here's how ClearPass and the controller profiles it. The host user agent fingerprint is via IF-MAP from the controller.

google-glass-profile-ifmap-cp62.PNG

google-glass-profile-cp62.png

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
New Contributor

The DHCP fingerprint would be in Hex. For example, an Aple iOS device has a DHCP fingerprint of "370103060F77FC" (see example below):

aaa derivation-rules user byod-rules
  set role condition dhcp-option equals "370103060F77FC" set-value BYOD-Devices_user-role description "Apple iOS"

The Google Glass device would have its own (hex) DHCP fingerprint ...

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: