Security

Occasional Contributor I

Applocker won't detect digital signature of ArubaQuickConnect.exe on random computers!

We have AppLocker configured to allow ArubaQuickConnect.exe based on digital certificate, but on some random copputers (around 30), AppLocker is not able to extract that info from the file and won't let it run. Those computers are able to identify other regular exe files, like Microsoft ones.

Guru Elite

Re: Applocker won't detect digital signature of ArubaQuickConnect.exe on random computers!

Which version of quickconnect.exe is this?  Are you using it to push credentials for onboarding or to just configure SSIDs on devices?

What specific OS's is it different on (to help us narrow down what you are seeing)?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Applocker won't detect digital signature of ArubaQuickConnect.exe on random computers!

Actually I'm with OS team and not MDM, but as far as I know, it's for certificates for home users.

ClearPass QuickConnect

Version is: 0.0.0.10000

User devices are Win 8.1 x64. it also failed on mine: Win 10 x64.

Guru Elite

Your colleagues who configure the ClearPass server should open a TAC case for this, since support will have additional questions for them, that you might not be able to answer specifically.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Validated Reference Design Guides : http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/tkb-p/Aruba-VRDs
Guru Elite

Just FYI. QuickConnect is not signed by a trusted publisher out of the box. You need to add a code signing certificate to ClearPass.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba ClearPass TME
@timcappalli | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480 / ACEAP / CWSP
Occasional Contributor I

Thanks Tim! That seems to be the issue. Test PC was missing the cert, just added the cert to the test computer and it's detecting the publisher. Will do further testing tomorrow, but looks like it's been resolved!

Thanks again for your quick hint!

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: