Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba Clearpass licensing in 6.7 and high availability

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba Clearpass licensing in 6.7 and high availability

Posted Jul 30, 2018 09:59 AM

Hi there

Wonder if someone would be able to help me with a basic question as i'm a bit confused about the new licensing scheme that has been pushed in 6.7. 

We purchased Aruba CPPM 5K's a few years back purely for just 802.1x and AD authentication which was the main selling point for my company, however after wanting to purchase an additional three units recently our supplier advised that we now require an Access license? Does that mean we would need to buy an Access license even though the Guest, onboard features are never going to used?

Now........ if we must purchase an Access license, do we need to purchase a 1K access license for each server running in a publisher/subscriber mode? or will it be combined if we purchase a 500 access license for each server? 

Regards

Mike

• 2.  RE: Aruba Clearpass licensing in 6.7 and high availability

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 30, 2018 10:02 AM
    When you upgrade your existing 5Ks to 6.7, you’ll automatically have 5,000 access licenses available to be shared throughout the cluster for each node. If that is enough, then all you need to do is buy the hardware appliances or the VM license.

Also, just to clarify, Onboard is not included in the Access license.