Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Aruba controller machine & user auth RADIUS accounting problems

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Aruba controller machine & user auth RADIUS accounting problems

Posted Sep 25, 2014 12:56 PM

AOS 6.3.1.10

We are sending auth’s to CPPM and accounting records to a websense appliance in order to get user info for web filtering policy. User only auth and captive portal PAP auth work fine and send the user accounting to websense.

However, when you we try machine auth with subsequent user login auth (computer AND user), the only record getting sent is the machine auth accounting record and not the user.

If I remove the client from the user table without logging off of the computer, the user accounting record is sent. Interim accounting is enabled.

Any thoughts?

• 2.  RE: Aruba controller machine & user auth RADIUS accounting problems

Posted Jun 25, 2016 11:16 AM

Old post but did you get anywhere with this? Smae issue here. The Machine Auth in Access Tracker is showing the accounting tab (but no utilization interesting enough) and not the User Auth in Access Tracker. 

• 3.  RE: Aruba controller machine & user auth RADIUS accounting problems

Posted Jun 25, 2016 12:46 PM

I got it to work however not 100% this is what did it...

After I created Enf. Policy to match on both Machine and User Auth in the same rule, I was able to see Accounting data for the user after the user logged onto the computer.