Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Attribute assistance; time manipulation

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  Attribute assistance; time manipulation

Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:10 AM

Hi team,

I have an attribute value defined as,

'Mac Auth Expiry' = %{Authorization:[Time Source]:Now Plus 90 days}

(Where 'Now Plus 90 days' is an attribute defined in [Time Source].. no issues here.  That works fine.)

I want to define another attribute of 'Mac Auth Remaining Expiration' which is basically something in the order of,

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

'CASE WHEN Mac Auth Expiry > EPOCH FROM NOW() THEN CAST(EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM (Mac Auth Expiry - NOW())) AS INTEGER) ELSE 0 END AS Mac Auth Expiration Remaining'

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

SQL wise that is...

A 'remaining' leveraging EPOCH NOW minus the prior attribute.

Thoughts ?

• 2.  RE: Attribute assistance; time manipulation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:18 AM
    Where is the original MAC-auth expiration defined?

Also, why not use the built-in MAC-caching logic which does not require any custom queries.

• 3.  RE: Attribute assistance; time manipulation

Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:28 AM

Type = Endpoint

Name = Mac Auth Expiry

Value = %{Authorization:[Time Source]:Now Plus 90 days}

Defined as post-auth type enforcement profile.

You mean the 'Device MAC Authentication' template ?

That has aging examples in it ?

• 4.  RE: Attribute assistance; time manipulation

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:31 AM
    All you have to do is compare the current time to the endpoint MAC-auth expiry attribute in either your role map or enforcement policy. No custom SQL queries are required. This is a standard set up for guest authentication but will work with anything.

• 5.  RE: Attribute assistance; time manipulation

Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:55 AM

There is the Guest 'MAC Caching' service template that does do the basic, NOW LESS THAN '%{Endpoint:mac auth expiry}'.

But, it's basic.. and the operators are just as basic.  I.e. GREATER_THAN, GREATER_THAN_OR_EQUALS.. etc.

I want do a RADIUS 'Session-Timeout'.. so it needs to be literally, 'current set mac auth expiry minus now'..

Similar to how the guest database has the prior quoted sql to do the 'expiration'.

• 6.  RE: Attribute assistance; time manipulation

Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:56 AM

I'll get the SQL built. All good.

• 7.  RE: Attribute assistance; time manipulation

Posted Oct 23, 2018 02:15 PM

Any advancement on this?  i'm looking to do this with a session timer as well.  Mac-Auth Expiry minus now converted to integer for a switch session timer.

• 8.  RE: Attribute assistance; time manipulation

Posted Oct 25, 2018 04:30 PM

Have you tried

Radius:IETF Session-Timout = %{Authorization:[Guest User Repository]:RemainingExpiration]}

This is the default guest session timeout profile.

• 9.  RE: Attribute assistance; time manipulation

Posted Oct 01, 2016 09:31 AM

And no existing attributes sitting in the [Endpoint Repo].. that help with MAC Caching examples.