Security

MVP

Attribute assistance; time manipulation

[ Edited ]

Hi team,

I have an attribute value defined as,

'Mac Auth Expiry' = %{Authorization:[Time Source]:Now Plus 90 days}

(Where 'Now Plus 90 days' is an attribute defined in [Time Source].. no issues here.  That works fine.)

I want to define another attribute of 'Mac Auth Remaining Expiration' which is basically something in the order of,

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

'CASE WHEN Mac Auth Expiry > EPOCH FROM NOW() THEN CAST(EXTRACT(EPOCH FROM (Mac Auth Expiry - NOW())) AS INTEGER) ELSE 0 END AS Mac Auth Expiration Remaining'

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

SQL wise that is...

A 'remaining' leveraging EPOCH NOW minus the prior attribute.

Thoughts ?

Guru Elite

Re: [Time Source]; attribute assistance

[ Edited ]
Where is the original MAC-auth expiration defined?

Also, why not use the built-in MAC-caching logic which does not require any custom queries.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

Type = Endpoint

Name = Mac Auth Expiry

Value = %{Authorization:[Time Source]:Now Plus 90 days}

Defined as post-auth type enforcement profile.

You mean the 'Device MAC Authentication' template ?

That has aging examples in it ?

Guru Elite

All you have to do is compare the current time to the endpoint MAC-auth expiry attribute in either your role map or enforcement policy. No custom SQL queries are required. This is a standard set up for guest authentication but will work with anything.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
MVP

And no existing attributes sitting in the [Endpoint Repo].. that help with MAC Caching examples.

MVP

[ Edited ]

There is the Guest 'MAC Caching' service template that does do the basic, NOW LESS THAN '%{Endpoint:mac auth expiry}'.

But, it's basic.. and the operators are just as basic.  I.e. GREATER_THAN, GREATER_THAN_OR_EQUALS.. etc.

I want do a RADIUS 'Session-Timeout'.. so it needs to be literally, 'current set mac auth expiry minus now'..

Similar to how the guest database has the prior quoted sql to do the 'expiration'.

MVP

I'll get the SQL built. All good.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: