Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Authorisation with AD for Guest Admin

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Authorisation with AD for Guest Admin

Posted Nov 24, 2014 04:55 AM
    Greetings All, Apologies for the imminent n00b style question but here goes. We have CPPM and Clearpass Guest (both at v 6.3.5) and I am attempting (and failing) to configure role based authentication / authorisation with our Active Directory platform. Authentication is working but I cannot seem to limit the accounts to members of a security group. I have searched Airheads and tried a number of articles that seem likely but nothing seems to work. When we login with a user account, no matter if they are part of the group or not, we get the same profile. I cant seem to find where it is going wrong. PS Is it documented anywhere on the relationship between CPPM and Guest? I ask as I cant figure out the relationship between the two (if there is one). I can login to Guest with an AD account but not to CPPM, is this an expected result? Please help TIA Stressed Gordie :)

• 2.  RE: Authorisation with AD for Guest Admin

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2014 05:01 AM
    If this is just guest admin.

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/83

• 3.  RE: Authorisation with AD for Guest Admin

Posted Nov 24, 2014 06:29 AM
    Hi Troy,

Many thanks for the reply.

The link appears to give access to CPPM, I am looking for "receptionist" style access to CRUD guest accounts. Access should be restricted to members of an AD group with authentication being carried out against AD.

TIA

Gordie

• 4.  RE: Authorisation with AD for Guest Admin
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 24, 2014 06:36 AM