Security

Occasional Contributor II

Authorisation with AD for Guest Admin

Greetings All, Apologies for the imminent n00b style question but here goes. We have CPPM and Clearpass Guest (both at v 6.3.5) and I am attempting (and failing) to configure role based authentication / authorisation with our Active Directory platform. Authentication is working but I cannot seem to limit the accounts to members of a security group. I have searched Airheads and tried a number of articles that seem likely but nothing seems to work. When we login with a user account, no matter if they are part of the group or not, we get the same profile. I cant seem to find where it is going wrong. PS Is it documented anywhere on the relationship between CPPM and Guest? I ask as I cant figure out the relationship between the two (if there is one). I can login to Guest with an AD account but not to CPPM, is this an expected result? Please help TIA Stressed Gordie :)
Aruba

Re: Authorisation with AD for Guest Admin

If this is just guest admin.

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/83
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Occasional Contributor II

Hi Troy,

Many thanks for the reply.

The link appears to give access to CPPM, I am looking for "receptionist" style access to CRUD guest accounts. Access should be restricted to members of an AD group with authentication being carried out against AD.

TIA

Gordie
Aruba

Sorry about that I was supposed to put this link in. Mike did a great post on guest.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/AAA-NAC-Guest-Access-BYOD/How-To-Advanced-MACTrac-designs-in-ClearPass-November-MHC/td-p/217291
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: