Security

Occasional Contributor II

Auto Create MAC Auth Account

Hi all,

I have managed to create Auto Create MAC Auth Account, based on the guide it mentioned that we need to assign the user to different role.

example:

role: Guest -  has Auto Create MAC Auth Account script

role: MAC-Guest - display name

so when i create guest account, the guest account role will be set as "Guest", Once the guest use the account, the guest device mac address will be captured, and the guest account role will be set to "MAC-Guest".

My question is what are the advantage of doing this ?

The issue that i have with that setup is when the guest account use by multiple device.the first device MAC address will captured to amigopod, but not the second. this is because once the first device uses the guest accont, the role will be changed to "Mac-Guest" which doesnt have the Auto Create MAC Auth Account script.

thanks

Hendro

Guru Elite

Re: Auto Create MAC Auth Account

hendro.lesmono@bt.com wrote:

Hi all,

I have managed to create Auto Create MAC Auth Account, based on the guide it mentioned that we need to assign the user to different role.

example:

role: Guest -  has Auto Create MAC Auth Account script

role: MAC-Guest - display name

so when i create guest account, the guest account role will be set as "Guest", Once the guest use the account, the guest device mac address will be captured, and the guest account role will be set to "MAC-Guest".

My question is what are the advantage of doing this ?

The issue that i have with that setup is when the guest account use by multiple device.the first device MAC address will captured to amigopod, but not the second. this is because once the first device uses the guest accont, the role will be changed to "Mac-Guest" which doesnt have the Auto Create MAC Auth Account script.

thanks

Hendro

Do you have Amigopod 3.7 or 3.9?  If you upgrade to 3.9 it is a great deal more straightforward...

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor II

Re: Auto Create MAC Auth Account

Im on 3.7

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: