Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

Posted Feb 05, 2014 12:19 PM

-- We wanted to monitor and record the information on “system monitor” as a report or graph format.

-- Monitoring > Live monitoring > System Monitor,  shows the statistics including CPU, memory, physical disk space and swamp disk space.

-- is there a way to save that information in any format (generating it as report or in graph format)?

-- We want to compare those current statistics with old ones. 

Thank you in advance.

• 2.  RE: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2014 12:29 PM

There are two ways.

1. You can use airwave. 

airwave.png

In 6.3 CPPM uses Graphite to collect the stats for its metrics. You can access it by going to https://CPPM_address/graphite. I don't believe it has a built in reporting but there are some third party apps that work with it. 

graphite.png

• 3.  RE: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

Posted Feb 05, 2014 02:42 PM

thank you for your answer:

I have a another query,

Do we have an option to get the output as a report on insight (or in CPPM itself ) on a excell or graph format? 

Or the only way would be to use any external monitoring tool to get the outputs? 

• 4.  RE: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 05, 2014 02:46 PM

Nothing natively. You would need to use Airwave or another tool

• 5.  RE: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

Posted Feb 05, 2014 04:03 PM

Do we have any document or aruba KB which explain the procedure to monitor those statistics with CPPM.  

Thank you for your help. 

• 6.  RE: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

Posted Feb 05, 2014 04:31 PM

The Graphite functioanlity Troy poited you to is a brand new feature in the latest 6.3.0 code release. I refer to it as sunrise release in that we have included the core functionality but we will develop additional use-cases and reports in future releases. 

I do have plans to release an intro to Graphite in a TechNote. This should be one of the doc that can be shared past our internal SE/Support.

I will post back here when I have a verion in a state I can share with you all, or you can ping your local Aruba SE for a copy. Expect it to be in 10-14 days time. It will only be a short overview.

• 7.  RE: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

Posted Feb 26, 2014 10:18 PM

@dannyjump wrote:

The Graphite functioanlity Troy poited you to is a brand new feature in the latest 6.3.0 code release. I refer to it as sunrise release in that we have included the core functionality but we will develop additional use-cases and reports in future releases. 

I do have plans to release an intro to Graphite in a TechNote. This should be one of the doc that can be shared past our internal SE/Support.

I will post back here when I have a verion in a state I can share with you all, or you can ping your local Aruba SE for a copy. Expect it to be in 10-14 days time. It will only be a short overview.

I cant find a way to restrict access to Graphite. Guest users are able to view this information with the appropriate URL and no authentication.

This is a security concern for my customer. Is Aruba working toward implenting some form of access control to this service?

Chris

• 8.  RE: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 26, 2014 10:20 PM
    Yes

• 9.  RE: CPPM%3A How to monitor and record%3B the cpu and bandwidth

Posted Feb 26, 2014 10:22 PM

I am logging a TAC case for this, but in the mean time can you provide any sort of official response on timeframes for implementation?

Cheers

Chris