Security

Contributor II

CPPM 6.6 Access Tracker(Login Status) is refreshing every minute

Hi Everyone, I'm testing CPPM with Aruba wireless 802.1X, have a windows client connected to the IAP and I was checking the Access Tracker Logs and found out that every minute the PC is doing an authentication, is this normal? I'm using Active Directory as the Authentication source and EAP-PEAP

Re: CPPM 6.6 Access Tracker(Login Status) is refreshing every minute

Hi,

have a look to the reauth interval value ?

reauth.png

ACMP, ACCP, BCNE
Contributor II

Yes Is setup at 0 hrs, the same as your picutre, the weird thing is that 3 more devices are connected to the SSID and only the windows PC is reauthenticating every minute.

Ok, those other devices are hitting the same dot1x service ?
Is it in the same role ? 

Please share IAP config + Switch port

ACMP, ACCP, BCNE
Contributor II

Yes, they're using unrestricted Access because they authentication with Clearpass and Active directory. The siwtchport is in trunk mode on the switch.  

Guru Elite

Ozk@r wrote:

Yes, they're using unrestricted Access because they authentication with Clearpass and Active directory. The siwtchport is in trunk mode on the switch.  

Try turning off Authentication Survivability.  Also turn off accounting.  Is there a reason why accounting is every minute?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor II

cjoseph wrote:

Ozk@r wrote:

Try turning off Authentication Survivability.  Also turn off accounting.  Is there a reason why accounting is every minute?

Hi Joseph, I use a tutorial video on Youtube, that's why I configured 1 minute in the Accounting interval, is there a best practice on the amount of minutes? 

Guru Elite

I don't think that is a best practice.  You are sending accounting information to a radius server for all of your clients every minute.  What is your goal?

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Guru Elite

I don't think that is a best practice.  You are sending accounting information to a radius server for all of your clients every minute.  What is your goal?

Colin Joseph

Contributor II

cjoseph wrote:

I'm really new to CPPM, as I undestand accounting give CPPM session reports on the authenticate devices correct?, can this be disable on the IAP?. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: