Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM 6.7.7 patch suddenly not available

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM 6.7.7 patch suddenly not available

Posted Dec 07, 2018 09:16 AM

Good morning,

I had planned to update my CPPM cluster from 6.7.3 to 6.7.7 this morning, only to find that it no longer shows up in the Software Updates section. 

I looked just yesterday and it was there, but when I click "Check Status Now" it does not find it.  (screenshot below) 2018_1207_CPPM-PatchNotAvailable01.JPG

Anyone else having this issue?  Did the update get pulled?

Thanks - Daniel

• 2.  RE: CPPM 6.7.7 patch suddenly not available
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 07, 2018 09:45 AM

Available in support site

communitry.PNG

• 3.  RE: CPPM 6.7.7 patch suddenly not available

Posted Dec 07, 2018 10:46 AM

Fair point.  I overlooked that I could import updates into this section.  I was thinking it needed to be able to automatically find and download it to be able to use Cluster Update, but it seems it would work once I manually download and import the update.  I will give it another go this weekend hopefully.

Still seems like it should be able to find the update automatically.  I've never seen this problem before...like I said it was there yesterday.  Anyone else see this behavior if you're not already on 6.7.7 as of today?

• 4.  RE: CPPM 6.7.7 patch suddenly not available

Posted Dec 07, 2018 12:36 PM

I'm not running 6.7.7 and I see the same with the 6.7.7 replaced with "ClearPass 6.7.x Hotfix Patch for License Activations". I'm assuming Aruba wants you to apply this patch first before doing an update?.

• 5.  RE: CPPM 6.7.7 patch suddenly not available

Posted Dec 07, 2018 01:17 PM
    That's exactly what I thought, so I installed the hotfix but still got no other update options afterward even after checking many times. :-(

By the way, the hotfix does is not disruptive (no reboot).

• 6.  RE: CPPM 6.7.7 patch suddenly not available

Posted Dec 10, 2018 09:57 AM

This appears to be resolved...I see Patch 7 when I check for updates now.  Plus