Security

Contributor I

CPPM Endpoint Cleanup

Is there a report than can be ran to determine what endpoints are being cleaned up from the database durring the cleanup cycle?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: CPPM Endpoint Cleanup

@ccalhounwrote:

Is there a report than can be ran to determine what endpoints are being cleaned up from the database durring the cleanup cycle?

Thanks,

Chris

I believe they would appear in the Audit Viewer.

Monitoring -> Audit Viewer

Bruce Osborne - Wireless Engineer
ACCP, ACMP

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer or Aruba Networks

Contributor I

Ok I have been watching that and also created a configuration change report. I changed the endpoint cleanup policy but am not seeing any changes on old stale endpoints. 

Are these Known or Unknown endpoints?

We use Guest with mac caching which creates Known endpoints that are expected to be cleaned up with the Known Endpoints cleanup interval. The interval is based on when the endpoint was last modified.

Since we currently use Endpoints for registered mac address authentication, we cannot use that cleanup option. We periodically run a script that uses the REST API to cleanup any guest endpoints that no longer have a corresponding guest account.

ACCP, ACMP

All opinions written here are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of my employer or Aruba Networks

I believe that, by defalt, the cleanup runs at 1 AM daily.

ACCP, ACMP

Contributor I

I wanted to start with just unknown endpoints. I set that to 7 days and I still have items which are over 7 days old listed in the endpoint database.

I am also using MAC caching for guests. So I have to be careful with the known endpoint cleanup. 

Here is how I have it set currently.

Capture.JPG

Contributor I

Just to clarify I have had it set for several weeks because I figured the job was not running constantly and had a start point.

With Unknown Endpoint cleanup set to 7 days I would expect endpoints at up to 8 days since the cleanup only runs once a day.

The endpoints that would normally expire between intervals get caught at the next cleanup.

ACCP, ACMP

Contributor I

Thats what I figured. I will just monitor it tonight. I am not sure what caused the accepted solution to take place. 

Thanks,

Chris

You probably missed the Reply button & hit Accept as Solution.

ACCP, ACMP

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: