Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Join Insightdb and tipsLogDB database in a SQL query

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  CPPM Join Insightdb and tipsLogDB database in a SQL query

Posted May 19, 2014 07:33 AM

Hi

I've been creating and running quite a few SQL scripts against the databases on our CPPM appliances. Does anyone know if I can create a join in the SQL between two of the databases?

Chris

• 2.  RE: CPPM Join Insightdb and tipsLogDB database in a SQL query

Posted May 19, 2014 01:49 PM

It should be possible, as both DB's are on the same node.... no need for a server link, which we don't open up or you but you'll have to use dblink.....

NOW:  I want to warn you of the potential issues around this type of Table join's especially outer joins, then can be VERY, make that VERY VERY CPI/IO intensive. Pretty much all the data is the same across these two DB's.

My question to you is what are you trying to acheive as we can guide you through this in a better way?

• 3.  RE: CPPM Join Insightdb and tipsLogDB database in a SQL query

Posted May 22, 2014 01:13 PM

Most of my examples relate to endpoints (in insight) and authentications (in tipsLogDB).

For example, get me a list of devices seen on ports which have had IP conference phones plugged into them.

I want maximum info on the endpoints, along with timeline for when the devices were seen.

Appreciate comments on utilisation. I expect these to be scheduled reports running overnight and emailing, not adhoc.

• 4.  RE: CPPM Join Insightdb and tipsLogDB database in a SQL query

Posted Nov 01, 2015 03:32 PM

Hi there,

could you share your sql queries?

I am trying to get an Endpoint report joined with Posture status.

thanks

Ken