Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page

MVP
    Posted Aug 04, 2016 09:11 AM

Ok,  So basically all I want to do is to force the user to enter the password they received via SMS on the self-reg receipt page.

I know I could no show this receipt page but redirect to the logon page for this but we want to prepopulate the username and pretty much want all the info the self-reg receipt window gives.

So I've tried changing the password field to a simple text field so the user can fill in the password. This works, however the password is prepopulated.

I then tried filling in the Initial value, the placeholder, none of this removes the password so the user is forced to enter it.

What am I missing? How do I achieve my goal here?

• 2.  RE: CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page

Posted Aug 05, 2016 03:18 AM

Had the same situation at hand but ended up using the redirect to the login page and just letting them wait till the SMS to log in. 

• 3.  RE: CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page

Posted Aug 05, 2016 04:52 AM

You should just be able to create a new field, call it Guest_Password (or whatever) and set the validator to be IsValidPassword. Set the User Interface to "Password Text Field".

Now just edit the receipt page fields and replace the password field with the Guest_Password field you created.

Haven't tested this but I can't see why it wouldn't work.

• 4.  RE: CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page

MVP
    Posted Aug 05, 2016 05:24 AM

I understood the IsValidPassword validator did nothing more then check whether the password entered can actualy be a valid password, like not have any symbols that aren't allowed or anything.

Still, quick enough test to find out. 

• 5.  RE: CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page
    Best Answer

MVP
    Posted Oct 10, 2016 10:23 AM

After spending some time with support and them claiming this is absolutely not posible on the receipt page, I actually found 2 solutions to this problem.

The first: simply edit the form, make the password field hidden and add the password2 field as textfield and you're done. This method will display the password in the html source code so should not be used!

Another solution is detailed here: https://arubapedia.arubanetworks.com/afp/index.php/How-To:_Clearpass_Guest_Self-Reg_Receipt_Without_Showing_Password

This method works but mind that the pasword field must be disabled, as just hiding it will also give away the password in html code!

• 6.  RE: CPPM Self-reg How to have user fill in password on receipt page

Posted Jun 18, 2019 03:06 PM

HI,

any chance you can share the login page redirect here?

I have the same problem with this design. The users can put invalid email and 555-1212 into the system and the password will be automatically shown and they just need to click Log In and its off and running. 

I'm looking for a way to have them actually type the password from SMS message into a login page to verify they received on a valid phone number.