Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM: Upgrade VM Version

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  CPPM: Upgrade VM Version

Posted Aug 01, 2017 03:07 AM

After reading the installation guide, it seems like CPPM support upgrade of VMWare tools,
    but I can't find anything regarding upgrade of VM Compatibility level.

The CPPM we have run vm version 8, but we would like to upgrade to version 11.
    Is it supported to upgrade vm version, and do we need to take any precautions before doing so?

• 2.  RE: CPPM: Upgrade VM Version

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 01, 2017 05:00 AM

Hi ,

We could upgrade the VM tools, it will not cause any issues to CPPM, just to be on safer side take the backup of clearpass publisher.

Regards,

Pavan

• 3.  RE: CPPM: Upgrade VM Version

Posted Aug 01, 2017 01:34 PM

Hi Pavan.

Thanks for the reply, but what about upgrading the hardware version from 8 to version 11?
    I guess we at least should create a backup in case there are issues post upgrade.

• 4.  RE: CPPM: Upgrade VM Version

Posted Feb 06, 2020 05:09 PM

Pavan,

Upgrading the "Virtual Hardware", now called VMWare "Compatibility" is a separate issue from upgrading VMWare Tools.

All my other VMs are on VM Version 13 (ESXi 6.5 and later). My CPPM VM installed as VM Version 8 (ESXi 5.0 and later).

Are there any issues upgrading the Compatibility from v.8 to v. 13?

CPPM also installs with VM Tools version 9536.  I have upgraded this to version 10357.