Security

Super Contributor II

CPPM cluster sync

I have been upgrading a clearpass cluster from 6.2 to 6.3 and one of the nodes is down. The publisher is showing it with a "cluster sync" as "in progress". Is there any way to clear this as I want to cliuster another device but it will not sync two devices at the same time?

Re: CPPM cluster sync

Have you tried to "drop subscriber" from the Administration --> Server Config area?

You can also force this via SSH.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
Super Contributor II

Yes, I've tried that, and although it goes through the motions it still shows as "in progress". I've also tried restarting all the services - again no effect. I would like to reboot the device but as we have one device down and one device unable to join the cluster I'm not willing to take that chance with a live setup.

Super Contributor II

Sorry, what is the CLI command to drop the device - Its worth giving this a try.

Here is an example:

cluster drop-subscriber -i 192.168.1.16 -f
Seth R. Fiermonti
-----
Super Contributor II

Unfortunately this didn't work either.

I would open a case then...
Seth R. Fiermonti
-----
Super Contributor II

A case is open - I just wanted to chack if there was a way of sorting this out myself. I will update if there are any useful results.

Super Contributor II

TAC have said that at Midnight the Publisher will give up trying to sync the device and we will be able to cluster the other device.

Super Contributor II

I've just checked this morning and TAC were wrong, this did not happen, so I still looking for any suggestions.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: