Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

CPPM guest cert error on controller redirect

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  CPPM guest cert error on controller redirect

Posted Sep 12, 2017 07:19 AM

I am using CPPM guest with a wildcard cert to deliver captive portal. that works no issues there. loads properly.

after putting in the credentials on the portal and clicking on continue, it performs a redirect to the controller which is using a different cert.

for whatever reason my customers windows 10 machines get an error saying cert is invalid.

now, this works with a MacBook, IPad, Android and in my lab using the same certs, my windows 10 laptop has no issues.

cp guest has the full chain of both certs. wildcard was uploaded for https and radius cert is a specific url. that same radius cert is used on the controller for captive portal and the web login page redirects to that cert. cp guest auth is set to https.

I'm scratching my head here..it seems like the customers win 10 laptops don't trust the Comodo cert for whatever reason but checking certmgr shows he has the same ones as my win 10 machine that works....

any ideas what could be wrong??

#AirheadsMobile

• 2.  RE: CPPM guest cert error on controller redirect
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2017 07:22 AM
    Did you include both intermediates in the chain when you uploaded it?

• 3.  RE: CPPM guest cert error on controller redirect

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 12, 2017 07:22 AM
    Did you include both intermediates in the chain when you uploaded it?

• 4.  RE: CPPM guest cert error on controller redirect

Posted Sep 12, 2017 08:04 AM

As far as I remember, yes i did.
    EDIT: The same cert is used on my lab controller with no issues, we also have this cert on some IAPs with no issues.

• 5.  RE: CPPM guest cert error on controller redirect

Posted Sep 12, 2017 10:47 AM
    Tim,
    My apologies to you. you were correct.
    After re-validating the cert filenames from both the production and my lab environment. I had 2 different certs.

On prod, I only had the server cert + priv key.

Changed it, all is good.