Security

Contributor II

CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization

I'm not sure if I'm missing something or if it's not possible.  I have LDAP attributes mapping our Help Desk Staff into a CPPM Help Desk operator profile, which I customized from the default Help Desk profile.  I have "Manage Devices" set to Read-Only to allow them to view all the registered devices, but it also restricts them from managing their own devices.  Full-Access allows them to edit ever Device.  Is there another option or translation that I can add to allow them "Read-Mostly" ?

thanks

mike

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Guru Elite

Re: CPPM operator profiles - Help Desk customization

Give them full access to the device settings and then use the operator filter to only allow them to see their own devices.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Aruba

You can also use this to create new base foundations and then do like Tim suggested. 

https://ase.arubanetworks.com/solutions/id/83

Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Contributor II

"full access to the device settings and then use the operator filter to only allow them to see their own devices" only resulted in the profile seeing only their own devices, and not being able to edit them.

I probably wasn't clear in that I want the Help Desk to view all Devices to verify correct registration, but still be permitted to create and edit their own devices.

I will look into the ASE xml editor..

thanks

mike

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Guru Elite

Please note the ASE link is only for Policy Manager permissions (administrative, not end user).

Use these settings in your Guest operator profile:

Screen Shot 2017-08-03 at 9.04.49 AM.png

I misread your original post. There is not a way to give read only for some accounts and full access to others.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Contributor II

OK, I didn't know if I was missing something.  I'll just notify the help desk that they'll need to contact an Admin if they need one of their own devices editted.

Mike Davis
Network Engineer
University of Delaware
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: