Security

New Contributor

Can ClearPass be used as a policy manager for an existing Cisco AP and Controller deployment%3F

Aruba

Re: Can ClearPass be used as a policy manager for an existing Cisco AP and Controller deployment%3F

Yes!  Absolutely.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
New Contributor

Re: Can ClearPass be used as a policy manager for an existing Cisco AP and Controller deployment%3F

Are there any configuration guides or reference architecture documents that I might refer to?

Regards,

Mark
Aruba

You can work with your local SE and they can give you some samples. Currently there are not any official documents on wireless integration. Only wired which is on the support site under tech docs.

You can also use. Https://ase.arubanetworks.com There is a config generator in there for Cisco wlc and CPPM.
Thank You,
Troy

--Give Kudos: found something helpful, important, or cool? Click Kudos Star in a post.

--Problem Solved? Click "Accepted Solution" in a post.
Super Contributor II

You can definitely do it and it's not much different to doint it with Aruba.

I've got a customer running WLC's for ClearPass Guest and general 802.1x.

You still define CPPM as the radius server in the WLAN profiles like you would with Aruba. The real changes are in how the guest stuff works. Cisco publishes an application note on the web redirect procedure. you need to push 2 Cisco VSAs out to trigger a captive portal redirect.  You can also specifiy the web login page in the WLC WLAN profile.

see here for more info.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless-mobility/wlan-security/115951-web-auth-wlc-guide-00.html 

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: