Security

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

Change the management IP of a clearpass cluster

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  Change the management IP of a clearpass cluster

Posted Nov 19, 2015 01:35 PM

Hi everyone,

I have a set of ClearPass servers in a cluster that I need to change their network configuration. At the moment, they are configured with a single interface (management NIC) and now I would like to use the data NIC. The idea here would be to migrate the management IP to the data NIC and use another IP (on a management VLAN) for the management NIC.

I'm concern the cluster will break when I change those IPs (subscriber not able to communicate to the publisher). I know it could be possible to join again the cluster with the new management IP, but I would like to keep that option as the last resort.

So, is the cluster will continue to work through the data IP? Or is there a way to change the publisher IP on the subscriber without having to join back the cluster.

Thank you

Joniel

• 2.  RE: Change the management IP of a clearpass cluster
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 25, 2015 11:36 AM

Hi Joniel,

The subscribers would communicate to the Publisher only through managemnet ip. The best recommendation would be we need to break the cluster and modify the required chnages and update the new management ip in the Subscriber to form the cluster.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Regards,
    Sreedhar

• 3.  RE: Change the management IP of a clearpass cluster

Posted Nov 25, 2015 12:00 PM

Hi Sreedhar,

thank you for your reply. This is what I thought I'd have to do.

Thx again.