Security

ClearPass Licensing

Simple question, whats the difference between perpetual and subscription licensing? I would like to quote a customer for licensing for ClearPass, but I want to make sure they have the correct license type.

Thanks!

Michael Haring
Architecture and Implementation Consultant
Optiv Security Inc.

Re: ClearPass Licensing

The perpetual licenses NEVER expire.  They act like AP or PEF licenses on the controller.

The subscription licenses DO expire after 1,3, or 5 years.  These liceses (unlike the perpetual) DO INCLUDE support.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Michael Haring
Architecture and Implementation Consultant
Optiv Security Inc.
New Contributor

HI, If the perpetual license wont expire, then what is the meaning of 1 yr, 3yrs or 5yrs perpetual licenses.
Occasional Contributor I

Hi SethFiermonti,

I know this is an older entry, but since the Perpetual Licenses are available in ClearpassNL as well, I need to ask more in depth. Perpetual means this License never expires, thats clear. And it's also clear to me, that the Subscription License includes Support. But which kind of Support?  I mean, if you buy the AccessLicense as Perpetual it's much cheaper. Ok, then I need a Carepack, but this also much cheeper with 5Y FC NBD then a 5Y subscribtion License. So, what ist the difference between a Perpetual with 5Y FC NBD and 5Y Subscribtion License? No Major Release Updates?

regards

Markus

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Guys,

let me answer this by myself. I asked a hpe aruba clearpass productmanager at the EMEA atmosphere. The simple Answer ist. There ist no difference between subscription land perpetual licenses regardig the Support Services. The Subsciption License seems to be the best decision if your customer just want the 1Y Support. For 3 an 5Y Support the Perpetual seems to be the best decision. So Look at my litlle Example for Customer with 500 Access, 100 Onboard and 100 Onguard Licenses.

Perpetual vs. Subsciption.png

Hope this will help some of you.

regards

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: