Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass - Making guest account passwords unviewable

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  ClearPass - Making guest account passwords unviewable

Posted Oct 14, 2013 05:59 PM

We chose to allow guests to create their own passwords to make it easier for them to remember their wifi credentials.  Some guests may re-use passwords that they use elsewhere online.  Since I also have the guest email address I don't want to be responsible for having the passwords in cleartext within the guest repository.  Is there any way to keep guest passwords from being displayed in the guest respository?  I've  unchecked "View guest account passwords" under CP Guest > Configuration > Guest Manager, but it had no affect for the CP admin account I use.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass - Making guest account passwords unviewable
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 14, 2013 08:42 PM

Looks like you are talking about viewing the Guest Users from CPPM;  I assume that unchecking "View guest account passwords" in CPGuest works as far as the Guest screens are concerned.

This particular screen (Configuration » Identity » Guest Users) will be going away in CPPM 6.3 which should solve this particular issue.  All Guest user management will be done through CPGuest in that release.

• 3.  RE: ClearPass - Making guest account passwords unviewable

Posted Oct 15, 2013 10:52 AM

Yeah, I was trying to block access to guest passwords in CPPM.

Thanks for the info.  When is the 6.3 release due?

• 4.  RE: ClearPass - Making guest account passwords unviewable

MVP
    Posted Oct 15, 2013 12:41 PM

uch, you need to combine products, not rip 'em apart even more and force us to have a bunch of windows open all the time :(

• 5.  RE: ClearPass - Making guest account passwords unviewable

Posted Oct 15, 2013 01:44 PM

Agreed.  I was hoping with 6.0 that was going to happen.