Security

last person joined: yesterday 

Forum to discuss Enterprise security using HPE Aruba Networking NAC solutions (ClearPass), Introspect, VIA, 360 Security Exchange, Extensions, and Policy Enforcement Firewall (PEF).
Expand all | Collapse all

ClearPass Onboard MDM profile install issue without Wi-Fi on iPad 7.1

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  ClearPass Onboard MDM profile install issue without Wi-Fi on iPad 7.1

Posted May 01, 2014 12:08 PM

Wondering if anyone has seen this before, or I’ve just missed a requirement.  I have an iPad with data services (tested with both Verizon and Sprint) on it, I’ve been testing an onboard profile and have found that when wifi is turned off, the MDM profile is not pushed to the device.  Previously, when onboarding from a wifi network (internal or external), occasionally the MDM profile was not installed and I would have to do a device refresh from CP, which would typically kick off the MDM profile to install the apps, etc.  However, no matter how many times I do a device refresh when the device is on 3G only, it never triggers the install.  Since this was working on external wifi networks I didn’t think there’d be an issue with using 3G only, but I seem to be mistaken.

• 2.  RE: ClearPass Onboard MDM profile install issue without Wi-Fi on iPad 7.1

Posted May 01, 2014 02:43 PM

Quick update:

After restarting the iPad the MDM profile installation kicks in and issuccessful.  So, why is it taking a reboot to get this working when it should do it immediately after the onboard profile?